Move Our Conversation to Google Groups?

Saturday, January 9, 2010

My name is Jeff Doolin...

and it is a pleasure to meet you. I recently joined NJVC and the IT/IS Program as a Senior Systems Engineer in Systems Engineering. My current responsibilities involve providing strategic planning and integration support to E’s Change Advisory Board (CAB), Integration Team (IT) and Core Service Area Leads. Prior to joining NJVC, I have held positions as Director, Program Manager, and Project Manager. I am very excited about this opportunity. I have been looking forward to earning my PMP certification for some time as I have been using project management processes, procedures and techniques for a number of years now. It’s time to formalize the way I do things with the industry-recognized credentials. I look forward to getting to know all of you better over the next several months. I wish everyone success.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Jeff! I am intrigued by how often IT engineering and PM roles and responsibilities seem to overlap in today’s organizations. And also, how often that role is being filled by a person such as you who houses both areas of expertise. I guess we have come a long way from the days of "Office Space" where organizations thought they needed an interface between business people (people skills people) and engineers (technical skills people). I thank you and echo your well wishes for your colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie,

    Great movie...a must have for every IT Geek...I mean professional...LOL Interesting you should use this analogy as I have built a career around doing just that...being the interface between business people (people skills people) and engineers (technical skills people). As a result, I have grown strong in both areas. Additionally, I have been a faculty member with UoP for nearly 9 years now and this is something I have emphasized with my students from the beginning. (i.e. you don't have to be that interface...but possessing these skills will definitely set you apart from your peers.)

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete